Yes, hell has frozen over, pigs have flown, the SAINTS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!
We’ve waited 43+ years for the Glory of being at the Big Dance. After Katrina, we nearly made it but got shut out in the playoffs. This season is one to remember, not just because we made it, but because we did it our way.
The Saints won 13-3 in the regular season. They won home field advantage and won both playoff games against the Cardinals (Sorry to hear you’re retiring Warner) and the Packers (Sorry to hear you’re retiring Favre). The Super Dome is an amazing venue and I can’t imagine the Saints playing anywhere else.
This season has brought our city together in a way that I believe we are finally ready for. Yes, Katrina kicked our butts, and it would have been awesome to go to the Superbowl in 2006. In my heart, I think this is “Our Time” We’re finally ready.
There is so much LOVE in our city right now. As I always have been, I’m proud to call New Orleans home.
Ok, enough of the sentimental stuff. I’m SO EXCITED, I can hardly wait for Sunday!! I wish I was in Miami with all the Who-Dat Nation
Lots of awesome bits are flying around the Interwebs celebrating the Saints March to Victory. Some of my favorites are as follows:
Dear Miami Thank you, CajunVegan for pointing this one out to me.
The New Orleans Saints Super bowl Drinking Game
1. Every time they mention hurricane Katrina, drink 1
2. If they show pictures of the City of New Orleans right after Katrina, drink 1
3. Every time they say how much the Saints mean to the City of New Orleans, drink 1
4. Every time the words “tragedy”, “flood”, or “devastation” are used, drink 1
5. Every time they talk about how good Reggie Bush was in college, drink 3
6. If they show Kim Kardashian in the stands, drink 5
7. Every time they show a picture of Reggie Bush with a bat or say “bringing the wood” drink for 5 seconds
8. Every time Reggie Bush gets negative yardage trying to run around in the backfield a bunch and outrun the defense, drink 1 and turn to the person next to you and say “I told you Vince Young should have won the Heisman”
9. Every time Reggie Bush gets up and flexes his arms in that pose he likes to do, drink 1
10. If they mention Tim Tebow for any reason, funnel a beer (LOL!)
11. Every time they say that “it’s destiny for the Saints to win” drink 1
12. If they show footage of Katrina survivors at the Superdome, take a shot of cheap liquor
13. If they call Saints fans the most passionate fans in football, drink 1
14. If they say that the Saints, Saints fans, or the City of New Orleans “deserve” a Super bowl victory, drink 1
15. Every time they say how good of a story the Saints are, drink 1
16. If Jeremy Shockey pretends to be hurt after dropping a pass, drink 2
17. If they mention the Saints beating the Falcons in 2006 in the first game after Katrina in the Superdome, drink 5 and remember that we are still a better football team with better fans.
18. Every time they compare hurricane Katrina to the Haiti earthquake, funnel a beer and yell “bullshit!”
19. Every time they mention Drew Brees as the Mardi Gras king, drink
20. Every time they show Archie Manning, drink 1, and mention how bad he sucked. If they show old footage of him on the Saints, drink 5. If they mention how tough of a decision it was for him as for whom to cheer for, drink 10.
21. Every time they show a saints fan yelling “Who Dat!” Or a sign/shirt saying the same, drink 1.
22. If they show Chris Paul at the game, drink 1 and mention to someone how much better he is than Marvin Williams.
23. If they show former Mayor Ray Nagin, drink 5 and then punch someone in the face!
Other Rules not involving the Saints:
1. Every time they show Eli Manning in the press box, drink 1
2. Every time Pierre Garcon is mentioned with Haiti, drink 1
3. If Brett Favre is mentioned for any reason, drink 1
Saints Pledge of Allegiance
I pledge allegiance to The Saints, and to the great city of New Orleans; and to The Super Bowl, for which we will win; One city, below sea level, under God; with Mardi Gras & alcohol for all!
And some of my VERY FAVORITE WHO-DATS who posted Saint’s blogs!!
Perpstu (Hope you’re feeling better soon!)
Rupe (Paging Dr. Suess)
And a BIG SHOUTOUT to my Fantasy Footballers!! Whooot!!! I love y’all!!